#6 Oklahoma. Heisman Trophy contender QB Collin Klein will look to give Kansas State their first win in Norman since 1997. Other games that could provide entertainment on Saturday include Missouri's first SEC road game at #7 South Carolina and Rich Rodriguez, in his first Pac-12 game, bringing in his #22 Arizona Wildcats to a hostile Autzen Stadium to take on the #3 Oregon Ducks.
This weekend I will be at the Arizona-Oregon game in Eugene. Originally, this game was not supposed to be that hyped up, because most people figured Arizona would be 2-1 after losing to Oklahoma State. Arizona pulled the upset against Oklahoma State and now we have two undefeated teams ready to battle it out in their first Pac-12 game of the season. I have been to two Arizona-Oregon games in Eugene. Oregon beat the Cats 55-45 in 2008 and 48-29 in 2010. This should be another fun night game in the Autzen Zoo!
- UL-Monroe came out of the gates swinging this season. The Warhawks are 1-1 and have played two solid games at SEC opponents Arkansas and Auburn. UL-Monroe had their biggest win in school history at Arkansas and made it to overtime, but lost to Auburn. The Warhawks get their first home game of the season against Baylor. The Bears are off to a 2-0 start this season and are currently ranked ninth in the country in passing yards and sixth in points for. The Warhawks are currently eleventh in the country in passing yards. This could turn into a pass heavy game and into another exciting game under the lights on a Friday night.
- Missouri will get their first road test this Saturday, as they take on a tough South Carolina team. The Tigers are coming off a big home win against Arizona State and will most likely have QB James Franklin back in action. The Gamecocks have had their share of quarterback problems due to injuries too. In both of the games Connor Shaw has played in, he has injured his shoulder in both of them. The Gamecocks will rely on star running back Marcus Lattimore to breakdown the Tiger defense. I feel this game could turn into a defensive battle and that the Tigers will give the Gamecocks a run for their money.
Pick: South Carolina
-Both teams were supposed to be 2-1 at this point of the season. The Beavers are 1-0 after upsetting Wisconsin at home two weeks ago. The Beavers have also had two bye weeks because the Nicholles State game was cancelled and no game was scheduled for last weekend. The mighty Bruins are off to a 3-0 start and are ranked 19th in the country. If the Bruins can pull this win out at home against the Beavers, it will be their best start since 2005. Bruins quarterback Brett Hundley has emerged this season and Johnathan Franklin has looked great, leading the Bruins to the fifth best rushing attack in the country. No one really knows what exactly the Beavers are capable of doing yet, because they have only played one game. The Bruins will expose the weaknesses of the Beaver defense and win this game by a good margin.
-The Trojans were exposed against a tough Stanford team last week, but come on! The Golden Bears have not beat USC at the Coliseum since 1998. The Golden Bears are just 1-9 in their last ten meetings with the Trojans. Senior QB Matt Barkley and the offense will be ready to go this weekend and will be determined to get a win. The Golden Bears almost won at Ohio State last weekend, but this game shouldn't even be close. The Trojan defense will put heavy pressure on Cal QB Zach Maynard all night and cause him to make bad decisions.
- Rutgers is coming off a big win at South Florida, but this game really depends on Razorback QB Tyler Wilson playing and if the last two weekends can be forgotten. It's only game four of the season, and this team is still a very talented team when Tyler Wilson is playing. The UL-Monroe game was a fluke and Alabama will make just about any team look bad. Look for Arkansas to bounce back against a mediocre Rutgers team.
- Here we go again! It's another "Under the Lights" showdown between Michigan and Notre Dame. The Wolverines have won the last three meetings on last minute drives by four points. Wolverine QB Denard Robinson has given the Irish defense problems with his speed and improved passing. Robinson has proven to be a cold-blooded killer when facing the Irish. The Wolverine defense has not appeared to be strong this season, but should be able to be clutch in crucial situations like last season. The Irish defense is much improved this season, and looked great last weekend at Michigan State. If the Irish can find a way to play 60 minutes of football, they have a shot to finally beat Robinson and the Wolverines.
- Kansas State has not won in Norman since 1997 and have not beaten the Sooners since the 2003 Big XII Championship game. The Wildcats were manhandled by the Sooners at home last season 58-17. The great thing about Kansas State this season is that they know what team they have to be in order to beat better teams. They play down to their competition like they did last weekend against North Texas, but can put up large amounts of points against good teams. This is a big game for Wildcat QB Collin Klein. This game could play a major factor in his Heisman candidacy. This could also be a big game for Sooner QB Landry Jones. Jones has received negative feedback for his sometimes weak quarterback play, and this could help him and his Sooners prove that they are National Title contenders. Expect this game to be a lot closer than last year's blowout.
- Last season, Clemson proved in this match-up that they were the team to beat in the ACC. The Tigers upset the Seminoles 35-30 in Death Valley. This year, EJ Manuel will be playing for the Seminoles and hopes he can be an impact player. Senior running back Chris Thompson will also play a key role as he recorded 197 yards and two touchdowns last week against Wake Forest. Clemson will have explosive wide receiver Sammy Watkins back for his second game of the season and quarterback Tajh Boyd. The real question will be is if Clemson's offense can make big plays against a Florida State defense that is giving up an average of one point a game.
Pick: Florida State
9. Utah @ Arizona State 10:00 PM ET Pac-12 Network
- Arizona State is coming off a tough loss at Missouri and Utah is coming off a crazy win against BYU. Two weeks ago, these teams were in completely opposite situations. Arizona State took down Big Ten foe Illinois and Utah was upset at home by Utah State. These teams appear to be very even in talent, and this game could launch the winner into the Pac-12 South Division race with USC. This game could turn into a scoring spree and come down to the last few minutes for a winner to be decided.
Pick: Arizona State
10. #22 Arizona @ #3 Oregon 10:30 PM ET ESPN